COVID 19; TRAVEL SAFETY TIPS
Dear Travel Tribe,
The world is today plagued with COVID-19 a strain from a family of viruses known as coronavirus. This deadly strain originated from Wuhan in China as we all know!
The coronavirus family consists of a large group of viruses that typically affect the human respiratory tract. Coronavirus typically leads to a range of illnesses like fever, common cold, pneumonia, and severe acute respiratory syndrome. So far the virus has proven to be fatal and easily transmittable.
So in today’s post, I will be sharing useful safety tips on how to stay healthy and infection-free while traveling. It is imperative to note that preventing the corona virus starts before the journey begins. Therefore, this post will be a summary of all three phases to note as a traveler in order to avoid corona
HOW TO STAY SAFE BEFORE YOUR TRIP: COVID19.
1. Ensure you research the city/country you will be visiting. It’s advisable to visit cities that are successfully containing the corona virus or that have no cases of the virus yet.
2. Make sure you are healthy because even the slightest flu or fever could be a real big snag. Most airports are fitted with thermal scanners and people are on the lookout for any possible sign of an illness and just like that you will be pick up by the authorities and possibly quarantined.
3. Take a lot of Vitamin C and water. At least 1 week before your trip ensure you take at least 1000MG of Vitamin C daily as this will help strengthen your immune system and you will be able to fight viruses better.
4. Talk to your Physician if need be, especially if you have an underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to infections and viruses. It’s better to be informed so you can take extra precautionary measures.
5. Lastly, tell your family or friends where you will be visiting. In case something goes wrong they will know where to find you and how to help you.
STAYING SAFE WHILE FLYING DURING COVID19
1. Avoid close contact with people who are ill or show symptoms of a cold or fever. If you notice any of these signs on anybody call the attention of the Air Host immediately.
2. Avoid indiscriminately touching surfaces around the airport and on the plane. It is also best to wash your hands with soap and water immediately after boarding or better still, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer periodically all through the flight.
3. Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose or eyes with unwashed hands. Seeing as there no vaccines to protect human from coronavirus, it is best to be extra cautious. Since the virus survives for some time on surfaces it is possible to pick it up and ingest unknowingly.
4. It is safer to ask for a window seat, rather than an aisle or center seat. A window seat limits your contact to majorly one person. That way you are somewhat sure that except your neighbor is infected you will probably be safe while on that flight.
5. Ensure you avoid touching surfaces when disembarking, carry your luggage yourself and use a hand sanitizer before touching even your belongings.
HOW TO STAY SAFE WHILE TRAVELING DURING COVID 19
1. Ensure the city you are in is not a red zone for the virus. If the city is virus-free or has the virus contained great! Otherwise, you will have to be extra careful.
2. Maintain a healthy hand washing hygiene, avoid indiscriminately touching surfaces and be watchful to avoid staying too close to an infected person.
3. Avoid crowds and do not share utensils with strangers, if you must use a utensil to ensure it is washed or wiped. You can travel with your own antiseptic wipe.
4. Continue taking Vitamin C to strengthen your immune system and fight free radicals.
5. If you become ill after traveling report to the authority immediately if it may not be coronavirus but it is best to stay safe and protect others.
USEFUL SAFETY APPS TO HELP YOU
- MY TRAVEL SAFETY
- ICE (In case of emergency)
- CDC Apps (Center for Disease Control)
Lastly, it is important to note the emergency contact 112
So dear travel tribe, if you must travel please be safe and very watchful. Plus remember that Coronavirus is not the deadliest disease and most people who become infected get healed of the virus. So, feel free, travel and share tips on how to stay safe with us.
Please check the WHO corona web page for latest update on Covid-19 Click Here
For more travel inspirations, check out the Blog